Become Part of a
Chamber in Paradise
- Join the Chamber
- Membership Application
- Value Added Benefits
- Member Services
- Member Investment
- Member Plus Program
- Advertising and Marketing with the Chamber
- Benefits of Volunteering
- Committees in Action
- Board of Directors
Thank you for your interest in joining the Longboat Key, Lido Key, St. Armands Key Chamber of Commerce. Since 1958, the Chamber has been an integral part of the community actively working to enhance the economic climate of the Longboat Key, Lido Key and St. Armands Key communities as well as those nearby. We are very pleased to be described as a community resource and this enables us to create direct connections for our members with customers and clients as well as offering other support.
Our concern for the success of small business is a cornerstone of this Chamber and we are an equally strong voice encouraging visitors to experience our island paradise and way of life. We host monthly networking opportunities for members and guests and special events throughout the year. We publish an annual Visitor Guide and Community Directory which includes a listing of all members and is distributed to thousands of businesses, households and visitors. Your membership investment also allows your business to be listed on our website. Our creation of both the Longboat Key Triathlon and Longboat Key Challenge present the opportunity for greater exposure to a larger market with ideal demographics locally and beyond.
The success of small business is a year-round commitment of this Chamber and we want you to be a part of it. We look forward to the opportunity to customize your membership to best meet your needs.
Networking Programs to Expand Your Business
- Annual Meeting
- Business After Hours
- Networking Luncheons
- Committee & Task Force Involvement
- Special Events
- Events with other Chambers
- Business and Community Expos
- Business Card & Brochure display in Visitor Center
- eBlast publicity
- Visitors Guide & Business Directory
- Longboat Key Area Street Map
- Direct Mail Promotion
- Tabletops at Biz to Biz Events
- Featured Member Display in Visitor Center
- Listing on chamber website Business Directory, with a link to your website & opportunity for listing upgrade & web advertising
- Special Events Assistance/Ribbon Cuttings
- Business Credibility
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- Social Media / Facebook
- Visitor Information Center
- Online Membership Management
- Mailing Labels
- Chamber Member Decal recognition
- Leads List
- Mentor Program
- Seminars to Assist You & Your Business
- Small Business Week
- Disaster Preparedness/Hurricane Preparedness
- Information Center
- Strategic Planning Conference
- Tourism & Hospitality Support
- Member, Sarasota County Economic Development Corporation
- Tracks local, state and federal issues affecting members
Additional Membership Services
Use of office space when on Longboat Key Free Wi-Fi
Each Chamber member business receives 1 free business listing on the Chamber website linking to their business website. For additional website advertising, please contact the Chamber (941) 383-2466. One business listing in the Annual Visitors Guide & Community Directory. Additional categorical listings are available for an additional fee.
Chamber Leads List – This list which consists of contact information of people sending inquiries via the Chamber website or phoning the Chamber office in regards to planning their visit to the area. This list is most helpful for members such as accommodations, restaurants, fishing charters and other tourism-driven businesses.
Brochures/Business Cards – Please be sure that the Chamber office is stocked with your brochures & Business Cards. The Chamber becomes busy during the months of December – April when seasonal residents are entertaining their vacationing families.
Chamber Member eBlasts
A Chamber member eBlast is an electronic mailing with a link to your website, sent to individual Chamber members (approximately 700 at this time) promoting your company. Email blasts are a good way to advertise to fellow Chamber members, so be creative and get your message across.
- Allow up to 3 days from the time that you send your information to the Chamber for the broadcast to go out.
- If you have a print ready ad that you are wanting to use, e-mail it as a jpg.
- For members who do not have a print ready ad, send text separate from any graphics and the graphics need to be in jpg format.
Annual Membership Investment
- 1 – 5 Employees: $320.00
- 6 – 10 Employees: $420.00
- 11 – 20 Employees: $520.00
- 21+ Employees: $720.00
- 1 – 50 Seats: $320.00
- 51 – 100 Seats: $420.00
- 101+ Seats: $475.00
- 1 – 10 Units: $320.00
- 11 -30 Units: $375.00
- 31 -60 Units: $520.00
- 61 -100 Units: $720.00
- 101 -200 Units: $1015.00
- 201+ Units: $1275.00
- Banks $720.00
- Real Estate Developers $720.00
- Condo Associates $320.00
- Mobile Home Parks $320.00
- Non-Profits (501c3) $225.00
- Associate Memberships* $125.00
The Member Plus Program
Please take a moment and consider the opportunities the Member Plus Program presents beyond your annual membership investment. We hope that you will agree that your continued participation in the Chamber combined with our programs, committees and special events, will provide you even more opportunities to grow your business and connect you with other area businesses and beyond. Feel free to contact the Chamber to sign up as a Member Plus Member.
- 4 Annual eBlast opportunities
- 4 Free admissions to Business After Hours
- All Member Plus company names distinctly recognized in Chamber publications, including printed Membership Directory and on LBK Website
- Multiple listing privileges in Annual Visitor’s Guide and Business Directory
- Your brochure distributed with each newcomer, relocation or Tourism Packet mailed by the Chamber
- 4 Spotlights on Chamber Facebook page (logo, tag & brief description of business or special offers)
Business After Hours & Luncheon Sponsorships
Take a moment and consider sponsoring a Business After Hours or a Networking Luncheon – you will reap great results with your involvement!
Business After Hours
A monthly evening social networking event typically held from 5:30 – 7:00 p.m. at your business or a location of your choice; host provides food and beverages; beverages can either be sold or provided free of charge; you host the event, the chamber does the rest for you. If you do not have a physical location available for your business, you may sponsor the “Business After Hours “at the Chamber office and patio.
Sponsor Benefits include: exposure of your place of business and/or your products or services to attendees; press releases to local media about the event; event broadcast via email and flyer with sponsor logo; event listed on website.
Luncheons held monthly at a local Chamber member restaurant. Monthly membership networking luncheons update members on Chamber events and allow those attending to introduce themselves and their business with a card/brochure exchange opportunity prior to and after the lunch.
Sponsor Benefits include: sponsor introduction; fifteen minutes allocated to sponsor; sponsor mentioned in press releases to media; sponsor mentioned in email broadcast with logo as well as website.
To reserve ad space with any or all of the Advertising & Marketing projects below, contact Madison Ave Media & Design at MadisonAveMediaDesign@gmail.com or call 941 321 3589
LBK Visitor Guide & Business Directory
The Longboat Key Visitors Guide & Business Directory will be distributed to thousands of households on the Key, at the Chamber Visitor Center, and at select free-standing rack locations in and around Sarasota and Manatee Counties, as well as our Kiosk at the Publix Shopping Plaza at Bay Isles Road. The Visitors Guide & Business Directory will also be available at each advertisers place of business, along with the online interactive version on the Chambers website, with links from each display ad to members’ websites.
LBK Area Street Map
Our Longboat Key Street Map is one of our most popular publications and has limited space. It is used by residents and visitors alike who love the convenient size and the information regarding locations of various businesses and landmarks on the island. Available at the Chamber Visitor Center, member business locations as well as the Kiosk. Advertising in the annual Visitors Guide & Business Directory as well as the Street Map, benefits your business and helps support your Chamber of Commerce.
LBK Chamber Website
The Longboat Key Chamber of Commerce Website has affordable ad space available for reservations, with investments suitable for all member budgets. Choose from several eye catching sizes and shapes throughout the site. Reserve a static ad, rotating ad or three frame animated ad, with each display ad linked back to your website. In today’s digital world, an online presence is a must and these cost effective display ads are a valuable addition to your marketing plans. Google Analytics will provide advertisers statistics on website visitors such as number of visitors, pages visited, and where the visitor is from – both nationally and internationally. Reserve several positions on the site for increased exposure and additional savings. Advertising on the Longboat Key Chamber of Commerce Website, benefits your business and helps support your Chamber of Commerce.
LBK Featured Member Display
The Featured Member Display in the Longboat Key Visitor Center, is an affordable marketing tool to get your message out all year long. It’s an effective way to get noticed by visitors and residents alike, while supporting your chamber and reinforcing your reputation. With this engaging wall display, members receive an 8.5” x 10.5” Back-Lit Display Ad, a Rack Card & Business Card holder AND a digital ad on our 32” TV. With 1000’s of visitors and residents coming in and out of the LBK Chamber office every year, your reservation for the next 12 months, will pay for itself. Contact us to reserve your space and create a positive and lasting impression for your business all year long. Advertising on the Longboat Key Chamber of Commerce Featured Member Display, benefits your business and helps support your Chamber of Commerce.
LBK Kiosk at Publix Shopping Plaza
The Longboat Key Chamber of Commerce Kiosk at the Publix Shopping Plaza at Bay Isles Road, is the only outdoor advertising available on the island. With over 15,000 visitors and residents a week heading to the new Publix Shopping Plaza, your poster is sure to be noticed. The Kiosk is also a key distribution point for the LBK Chamber Visitor Guides and Street Maps, as well as postings for Community Events. With limited space, this unique marketing venue is a valuable asset to have in your marketing budget for the upcoming year. Advertising on the Longboat Key Chamber of Commerce Kiosk, benefits your business and helps support your Chamber of Commerce.
Make a difference in your community!
As a member of the Longboat Key Chamber of Commerce you have a unique opportunity to make a difference in the community by volunteering, in some capacity, your time and talents. If you serve on a committee, task force or help with a special event, you not only advance the goals of the chamber but you expose your business to others and showcase the talents and expertise you have to offer. If you attend events, others will get to know you and you will create a relationship with those with whom you wish to do business. This combination of our members working together with their various talents provides for a dynamic, enthusiastic and progressive organization.
The power of a chamber is in its Volunteers!
Benefits of participating in the LBK Chamber of Commerce
- Enhanced credibility with consumers
- Increase your business contacts
- Receive recognition for yourself and your business
- Learn about the community in which you work
- Educate yourself on business practices
- Create business relationships
- Learn first hand information on business issues
- Meet other business leaders
- Have Fun!
Teamwork Is What It’s All About
- Serves as host at all Chamber functions
- Mentors new members during their first year of membership
- Conducts Operation Thank You
- Participates in the retention plan
- Conducts Ribbon Cuttings/Grand Opening Events
- Assists with the New Member Orientation meetings
Advertising Advisory Committee
- Determine advertising plan that benefits tourism on Manatee County portion of Longboat Key
- Investigate opportunities to market Longboat Key as a destination
Community Outreach Committee
- Serves as host at Chamber events with the Condominium Federation
- Plans and conducts Longboat Lifestyles Expo
- Plans and implements member to resident discount program
- Plans and conducts Mix & Mingle events outreach to the residents
Small Business Council
- Informs membership about Mentor Program & S.C.O.R.E.
- Sponsors business related seminars
- Organizes and promotes events during Small Business Week
- Selects the Chamber’s Small Business Person of the Year in all categories
- Identifies technologies that can further the chamber’s mission and can educate chamber members on the advantages of these technologies for their business.
2024 Board of Directors